Placeholders are defined areas or markings where you can enter names, numbers, logos or prints. Placeholders are added on top of your design templates. Adding and defining placeholders is simple and intuitive.
In order to add a placeholder to your 3D model:
1. You must define the number of items a placeholder can contain. The minimum is 1. An error will occur if the number of items is left blank.
2. You must assign a placeholder to one or to multiple design templates
3. You must define whether the placeholder can contain text, image or both
4. IMPORTANT: Make sure to SAVE the placeholders on a regular basis
5. You can upload one or multiple images (eg. logos). The file format is SVG. If you upload multiple images you can set one of them to be the default. This image will appear when first loading the Design Studio.
6. You can also set a default text.
7. If you want images and text to be updated by the user, you must enable the selection below. The user will then be able to upload their own images or add their own text to a predefined placeholder.
8. You can allow the image or text to be adjusted inside of the placeholder (i.e. repositioned and rescaled) by enabling the option below.
10. After all the updates have been done, make sure to click SAVE.
1. Go to Design Steps
2. Add the Placeholder design step
5. Finally, reload your browser page to see the updated changes. You can now see the placeholders in your Design Studio.