Placeholders are defined areas or markings where you can enter names, numbers, logos or prints. Placeholders are added on top of your design templates. Adding and defining placeholders is simple and intuitive.
Step 1 - Navigate To The Placeholder Tab
In order to add a placeholder to your 3D model:
Navigate to the BRIKLDashboard
Go to Studio Editor
Go to Studio Settings
Go to Placeholders
Step 2 - Add A Placeholder
You will notice a red rectangle is added to the 2D pattern
Continue to add as many placeholders as you like
Enable each placeholder to make it visible for the end-user
Enter the Internal ID (this is for internal reference)
Enter the placeholder title in all the languages you have available
Step 3 - Modify A Placeholder By Using The Control Buttons
You can resize the shape of the placeholder
You can rotate the placeholder
You can reposition the placeholder
When you resize the placeholder, the width and height of the placeholder will be updated
When you change the orientation of the placeholder, the degrees will be updated
Step 4 - Define The Placeholder Rules
1. You must define the number of items a placeholder can contain. The minimum is 1. An error will occur if the number of items is left blank.
2. You must assign a placeholder to one or to multiple design templates
3. You must define whether the placeholder can contain text, image or both
4. IMPORTANT: Make sure to SAVE the placeholders on a regular basis
5. You can upload one or multiple images (eg. logos). The file format is SVG. If you upload multiple images you can set one of them to be the default. This image will appear when first loading the Design Studio.
6. You can also set a default text.
7. If you want images and text to be updated by the user, you must enable the selection below. The user will then be able to upload their own images or add their own text to a predefined placeholder.
8. You can allow the image or text to be adjusted inside of the placeholder (i.e. repositioned and rescaled) by enabling the option below.
10. After all the updates have been done, make sure to click SAVE.
Step 5 - Assign The Placeholder To The Personalization Tab
1. Go to Design Steps
2. Add the Placeholder design step
3. Click on the drop down Personalization, and Add a group
4. Enter the personalization title and assign the placeholder. You can either select Multiple or Single. In case of Multiple, all the placeholders of a particular group can be assigned a text or image. In case of Single, only one placeholder of a particular group can be assigned a text or an image.
5. Finally, reload your browser page to see the updated changes. You can now see the placeholders in your Design Studio.