Excited to set up your Brikl account? We're excited to provide you with the guides you need to get started!
So, you're ready to set up your first-ever Brikl store. 🎉 But where do you start?
Laying the foundation
- As you may know, Brikl is a multi-channel e-commerce platform. This means you can have a family of sales channels with one channel (storefront) acting as a parent to subsequent generations of channels (MicroStores). Read about the difference between a MicroStore (team store) and a storefront here.
- Pick your domain name: Your default domain uses the format briklshop.com, but you can change this by buying a custom domain name from any third-party domain registrar.
- Add a contact email to streamline your customers' experience through to conversion. Remember to set Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM) to prevent email spoofing to ensure outgoing emails to your customers.
- It's also important that you understand where to find your business settings as this is your legal business name and address that will appear on the order notifications to your customers.
- Choose a theme (think of it as your brand kit) and start customizing. Your theme defines your fonts, the way product cards appear, the layout of the product page, etc,. And create font libraries to enable and control default fonts across your stores.
- Ensure that your customers can transact as effortlessly as possible across your site. Set up payments, currencies, languages, shipping rates, and tax rates next to ensure a localized and streamlined experience.
- Need help with integrations? Read our guides on integrations, webhooks, and APIs here.
Adding and organizing products
- Your next task is to create products, import products from suppliers or add product packages. Make sure to also add product options (sizing, for example) and attributes (waterproof, for example).
- And because image is everything, we've made it easy for you to add images, whether you want a single thumbnail or multiple!
Optional: once you're done setting up your products, organize them in a way that makes sense to your store.
Creating your storefront
- Create a storefront with a home page to let your customers access public MicroStores.
- Find out how to use our content builder to create your storefront home page. Add banners, images or text. Create as many content pages (e.g., about us, contact us) as you like to keep your customers engaged and educated.
- Create a theme for your stores.
- Add SEO and social images to your content pages to drive traffic to your site.
- Make sure to deploy your storefront after you’ve completed the setup. Deployment is a function that makes the content you change on your website pages publicly visible.
Setting up your MicroStore
- Start by creating your first MicroStore, which must be your template store. Think of a template store as your definitive master store. Your template store gives you the comfort of knowing that all the information needed for a store is exact and consistent each time.
- Duplicate the template store with a single click. This feature has the ability to save you hundreds of hours a year when having to set up a store for a new team. You can duplicate products, collections, content modules, discounts, fundraising, fees, and even MicroStore store-level personalization.
- Next, update product information, variants, images and prices, and make your new MicroStore as attractive as possible to your customers by adding banners, logos, and colors. Have a new store up and running in under 15 minutes.
No deployments are needed for MicroStores. All MicroStores are updated in real-time.
- Start offering your customers an even better experience across your store by giving them enhanced value for money by making a clear distinction between the base price and selling price, and setting discounts, coupons, fundraising, and fees.
- To ensure you have as much freedom to customize your store as you would a physical one, you can set opening and closing cycles for your store. This feature also makes it easy to create a new store from an existing one instead of having to clone a store or create a new one!
- See and manage orders coming in, and allow coaches, sales reps, and other team representatives to have access to Brikl's admin portal. Enhance security across your store by creating passwords.
Saving time with the bulk embellishment feature
Adding logos and artwork to products, one by one, is a time-consuming and painstaking task. Save hundreds of hours with our embellish feature.
Our embellish feature allows you to set placeholders, assign them to a product, use them across multiple products, and upload your logo to decorate product images at a MicroStore level.
Learn more about the bulk embellishment feature here.
Getting to know 3D visualization
Learn how to configure and set up the 3D Visualization Studio — you can read more about this here.
- To start off, upload some 3D products. You can do this by working with the Brikl team and requesting bespoke models or choosing from Brikl's 3D library.
- Next, create 2D flat sketches in Illustrator. Upload them to the 3D Visualization Studio through simple drag-and-drop to see a real-time 3D rendering. Download the images for use in your MicroStores.