What is a storefront? How should you set one up? And what are the benefits of having one? We answer your burning questions below.
What is a storefront?
A storefront acts as a landing page to, or homepage of, your MicroStore.
How do I set a storefront up?
Go to your Brikl account: Sales Channels > Storefronts.
Understanding what information you need to include and when is important to get properly set up.
- An ‘Internal Name’ is for reporting purposes only - it’s an optional field.
- The ‘Name’ is for internal use only - it’s a mandatory field.
- Enter the domain URL. This will be the domain for your new storefront. Once you set up a new storefront, you can have a MicroStore assigned to it.
The catalog is the backbone of your storefront and contains all your products, product packages, and collections.
Make your customer’s journey as effortless as possible while promoting your brand whenever possible.
- You can upload a logo and favicon to your storefront.
- The logo is used in your order email for your customers.
- The favicon is used in browser tabs, browser history, toolbar apps, bookmarks dropdown, search bar, and search bar recommendations. A favicon makes it faster for your customers to find that website they're looking for.
- You can create and assign a new theme for your storefront.
Let your customers know who they should reach out to with burning questions, issues, and queries.
Deployment is needed every time you make changes to your storefront, including the homepage, content pages, product pages, collection pages, and theme settings.
A storefront must have at least one content page to deploy successfully. Read more here.
How do I set up a storefront homepage?
Every storefront needs to have a homepage. If no homepage is set, the landing page will display an error message.
A homepage for a storefront acts as a landing page through which users can access multiple MicroStores. Example: clubshop.bodibro.ie
Go to Content Builder > Settings.
Set the page to be the homepage.
Add content to your homepage. Read more on how to use the Content Builder here.
How to set up password protection on a storefront homepage
You can now set up password-protected MicroStore storefront homepages. This allows an enhanced layer of security to be applied to your store.
How to set this up
Go to MicroStore settings and set up a password for the storefront homepage.
Step 1: Go to the storefront settings > storefront menu > select “edit.”
Step 2: Go to the “Availability” tab and turn the toggle on to set the password.
Step 3: Check to see if password protection has been applied to the storefront page by checking the front end of your store. Customers must now submit a password before entering your MicroStore storefront homepage.