Setting shipping rates allows your customers a localized and customized experience.
What are shipping rates?
Shipping rates are what you charge your customer to have their goods delivered in addition to the costs of the products in their cart.
How do I set shipping rates in my Brikl store?
Add shipping methods and set shipping rates against each at a shop and sales channel level. This allows your customers and you as a merchant complete flexibility and a more tailored experience at checkout.
Shipping rates can be set at two levels:
- Account level - If you have multiple storefronts, the shipping rates you apply at an account level will be applied to all the storefronts. (Dashboard > Settings > Shipping)
- MicroStore level - You can also override the shipping rates on a MicroStore level. (Sales channels > MicroStores > Shipping).
Shipping rates cannot be set on a storefront level. They can only be set on an account or MicroStore level.
❗Shipping rates must be entered, including tax (or VAT/GST)
What are shipping zones?
Use shipping zones to define your shipping regions i.e. the countries or territories you ship to. You can set shipping zones on a country level or a regional level.
Only shipping zones that are defined in the dashboard can be selected by the customer on the checkout page.
Each shipping zone can be associated with a specific shipping rate or defined according to the order value. Eg. 2-3 day working day delivery times, carbon-neutral transport, shipping to EU countries, free pickup, or pickup from a consolidation point.
- Example - 1
- Example - 2
When you add a new shipping method, it will be set to "Inactive" by default. Make sure to toggle to "Active" so that the shipping method will appear accordingly on the cart page.
- This feature can be defined on an account level and overwritten on a MicroStore level, as shipping methods can be different for MicroStores, e.g. free in-store collection or from a consolidation point.
- You can set multiple flat rates in case you want free shipping above a certain purchase value.
- Shipping rates are always entered, including tax.
- You can set one of them as a default when you have at least one shipping method.
- If you set shipping rates at an EU level, for example, you will override specific shipping rates set at the country level within the EU. And then, at a country level, selecting Belgium, for example, will override the shipping rates you have selected for the EU.
- Default shipping methods cannot be deleted.
How to select the shipping method as a customer
After customers enter their shipping address on the checkout page, they will be able to see and select available shipping methods. Their shipping will then be calculated at checkout.
With Brikl’s ShipStation integration, a seamless customer journey is offered from order through to fulfillment.
ShipStation helps you quickly generate shipping labels for all of your online orders. With ShipStation, you can print a label or batch orders for rapid multi-label creation.
For more information about a ShipStation integration, contact Brikl Support.