A good checkout process should be simple. It must offer a seamless experience for customers, with an uninterrupted path from the product page to the cart page, to the checkout page, and then finally to the order confirmation page.
Add to cart
The 'add to cart' button allows customers to choose items to purchase without actually completing the payment. For online stores, the add to cart button lives on individual product pages, functioning as the digital equivalent of a shopping cart in a brick-and-mortar store.
Before adding the product to cart, customers must first select the product options on the product page or product package page. In the case of a product package, customers need to select the product options of each of the underlying products.
Product package page:
Example 1 (Size selection)
Example 2 (Size and Personalization selection)
After customers have clicked the 'add to cart' button, they are redirected to the cart page. A cart page is a page where customers can accumulate what they want to buy from a MicroStore and check out.
Customers can click on 'details' to change the quantity, product option (e.g. size) or to remove the item from the cart.
Product package details:
If customers want to continue shopping, they can click on 'Continue Shopping,' which takes them back to the MicroStore homepage.
If customers click on the "cart" icon when no items have been added to the cart yet, following message will be displayed:
- Step 1: Complete Shipping details and select the shipping method
Auto-filling the shipping address field in checkout
Brikl selects the country for the customer's shipping address based on the geolocation of their IP address to help save time completing the address details.
- Customers can change the suggested country in the address form by clicking the dropdown button and selecting a different country.
- The shipping method will not change until the customer has saved the new address.
- If a customer is using a VPN or the IP geolocation is incorrect, the customer can change the country manually in the dropdown.
- Step 2: Select payment method (and provide payment details)
- Step 3: Review checkout details and complete payment
Brikl currently supports the following online payment methods: credit card, Apple Pay, BanContact, iDEAL, and Sofort.
Apple Pay only works in a Safari browser, not in, e.g., Chrome or Firefox.
Read more here.
What happens after the the customer clicks Pay Now?
1. Payment steps
Step 2 - Next, the customer will be redirected to a loading page with the message “Waiting for payment status”.
Step 3 - Once Stripe has completed processing the customer's payment, the payment status will be displayed. There are two options:
- Payment failure. In case the payment failed, the customer can click the “Retry Payment” button to go to the order summary page and click a "Retry payment".
- Payment success. A “Thank you” message will appear at the bottom and the customer will automatically be redirected to the order summary page.
💡 The number (e.g., 8) which appears next to the product option is a reference to the product option the merchant has set up in the dashboard.
2. Order history
The order history can be accessed at any time by the customer by going to the order page, for example www.example.com/en/app/orders.
To access the order history page as a guest user (without an account), make sure to access this page from the same device and browser you have used to place the order.
3. Order confirmation email
Customers will receive an order confirmation email. Read more here on how to set up your email notifications.
An order confirmation email is not triggered when a payment fails.
|The merchant logo will appear on top of the order notification email.|