Adding products should be one of the first things you do. Populate your online store by following the guide below.
Add a new product
- From your Brikl dashboard, go to Catalog > Products > New.
Copy a product
To save time when you add a new product, you can duplicate a similar product.
- Go to catalog > Products > (select a product) > Copy.
- When you copy a product, it will copy the product title, internal ID, product description, slug (custom URL), attributes and variants.
Write your product title and description
Product pages are where customers go to learn about a product and decide whether or not to buy it.
Details matter, and sharing the right information in the right way, from pricing to sizing, through text or visuals, can make all the difference.
Enter a product title for your product:
- The product title will appear on your product page and listing pages. Your product title should make it clear what the product is. This is what customers will see as they browse your store and what will help them find what they’re looking for. Try to keep it short.
- You can enter a product title in multiple languages.
Enter a product description:
- The product description will appear on your product page. Product descriptions describe and sell your product.
- You can enter a product description in multiple languages.
- Product description supports Markdown styling
Add more product details
In addition to product titles and descriptions, you need to add additional details:
Enter an Accounting ID for your product:
- Accounting IDs are references to product IDs you use in your internal Accounting, inventory or ERP systems
- The Accounting ID that you enter does not have to be unique
- The Accounting ID is an optional field.
- The Accounting ID is not visible to your customer
- Note: In case your product has multiple variants (eg color/size), the Accounting ID can also be defined on Variant level (i.e. SKU code)
Enter an Internal ID for your product:
- Internal IDs are used within your organization to identify your product
- The internal ID can for instance be a Style Number
- The Internal ID does not have to be unique
- The Internal ID is a mandatory field
- The Internal ID is not visible for your customer
Enter a slug:
- A slug is the part of a URL which identifies a particular page on a website in an easy to read form. In other words, it's the part of the URL that explains the page's content. In the example ‘briklshop.com/bikes’, ‘bikes’ is your slug.
- BrikL automatically generates a slug for each new product based on the information you enter. For example, if you enter “Short Sleeve T-Shirt”, its slug will become “short-sleeve-t-shirt”.
- A slug must be unique. Important: if the slug is not unique (i.e. it has already been used elsewhere) the product page will not be rendered.
Activate “Is Custom Product”:
- Products that you select from the BRIKL Library or products that have been uniquely digitized for you by BRIKL will have the “Is Custom Product?” enabled by default
- Custom products can be opened up in the Studio Editor
Assign a product variant
A variant is a particular variation of a product (eg size, color) and has specific variant options (eg small, medium).
Before you can add a variant and its variant options to a product, you must first create a variant.
Add product inventory/price
You can generate a table of variant option combinations. First, enter the default price on a product level. Next, click the “Generate variant options” button.
- The SKU code is generated automatically in ascending order from 0 for each combination of variant options. You can also overwrite the SKU code. SKU codes might be required if you want to link up with your internal Accounting, Inventory or ERP system.
- The price for a variant option is the default product price. You can overwrite the prices for a variant option. For example, if you carry a size range from 3XS to 5XL, you might want to have different pricing for smaller or larger sizes.
- The inventory for a variant option is set at 100 by default. You can overwrite the inventory level for a variant option.
- Inventory levels are updated automatically each time an order is placed
- Inventory levels are defined in units
- Important: in case of custom products or if the product has been assigned to a team store, the assumption is that the product is made-to-order and therefore can never be out-of-stock. The inventory level will not be applicable.
- A variant option can be temporarily be disabled by clicking on the “Enabled” box.
- If you want a product to be available for sale at some time in the future, you can set the Start sales from date at the top of the page. This will disable the “Add to cart” button. This feature can also be used if you want to create a Gallery (i.e. products that are for display only, not for sale).
Add a product image
- You can drag-and-drop one or multiple images (or upload from your computer) for a product.
- You can set the sort order, ie the order in which the images will appear on your product page.
- You can set one of the images to be the thumbnail on the listing page. If you want multiple images to be listed on the listing page, you can enable "Shown in collection" for each of the images you want to be included in your listing page.
Assign a collection
A collection is a group of products.
- You can assign one or more collections to a product to make it easier for customers to find your products.
- You can assign one or multiple collections to a product.
- Important: Before you can assign a collection, you must first create a collection.
Assign a sales channel
A sales channel can either be your storefront or a microsite (team store). A Sales Channel can also be an integration with a 3rd party ecommerce platform/website like Shopify or Magento.
- You can assign one or more sales channels to a product.
- Important: Before you assign a product to a team store, you must first create a team store.
- Important: A product must always be assigned to at least one sales channel.
Activate “Has Personalization?”
- You can enable Personalization for team store products so that your customer can add a name or number to a product
- The personalization options can be defined in your team store setting
With BRIKL you can set up personalization for your products, which allows customers to add their name, logos or numbers.
Learn more about Personalization.
Assign an attribute
- Attributes are product characteristics that you can associate with your product. Attributes are not linked to price/inventory. Examples of attributes are windproof, light weight, summer.
- You can assign one or multiple attributes to a product. Before you assign an attribute, you must first create an attribute.
- Learn more about the Studio Editor here.
Preview the product page
- After you have added all the product details, you can preview the product page. The preview is a statically rendered page. It is not your live site! The purpose of the preview site is to see whether all the information you've entered appears correctly. If you want to change the layout of the product page, you must go to the Theme Editor.
Publish the product page
After you have added all the details, and you have previewed the product page, you must toggle the page to "Published".
Deploy your site
- Go to Dashboard > Deployment