Personalization options can be applied to products that have personalization enabled.
Why set up personalization?
Setting up personalization for your products allows customers to add their names, logos, or numbers for a surcharge if required.
You can set up personalization on a product level or on a MicroStore level.
How to set up personalization on a product level
To enable this feature on a product level:
- Go to dashboard > Catalog > Product > Personalization
- Create a new group, and name your personalization.
- Select the default option, and name the personalization option
- Select your desired type: Text or number, multi-selection, single selection.
- Enter your personalization fields.
When you apply personalization on a product level, it will apply to all storefronts and MicroStores that the product is assigned.
Examples of personalization settings:
- Single: front length (+2cm)
- Multiple: chest pocket, side pocket
- Input: name or number
6. You can add multiple personalization options for each group.
💡 When you have a single personalization option, you don't need to name the personalization group.
You can also set up multiple personalizations for one product across different colorways.
This feature is enabled when your customer selects multiple quantities of the same product.
📌 Want access to this feature? Let your account manager know.
Thanks to our duplication prevention feature, customers cannot accidentally add the same number to cart multiple times. This minimizes returns and customer service emails, messages, and interactions.
What message does the customer see if a number is duplicated?
a) Allow duplication (with a warning)
b) Do not allow duplication
How to set up personalization on a MicroStore level
Read more here.
❗Product personalization on the product level will overwrite personalization on the MicroStore level.
Setting up personalization as required fields
You can now set personalizations as required fields on product pages or a MicroStore level. One of the benefits is that you can collect customer personalization field data at the point of transaction.
Setting personalization on a product level will override it on a MicroStore level, i.e., personalization against a MicroStore sets it up against all products within your store.
How to set up this feature
Go to MicroStore settings > Personalization tab.
Click ‘Create Group’ and enter your desired name for the group.
Select the group type (there are three types: Text/Number, Select, and Multi-Select).
Note: Each type has similar settings for personalization except type.
- Text/Number: Allow customers to set personalization through an open text field. This type of personalization can include player names and numbers, for example. These can be made a requirement on a group level or as an individual text field. For text personalization, you can turn on the required field for all options under the group or set it as a requirement against specific fields only.
- Single select - This allows your customers to select their personalization from a range of preset options, e.g., a logo, which can be selected from a dropdown.
- Multi-selection - This allows a visible list of personalization from which an option can be selected, e.g., logo placement, office locations
Simply make any personalization type a required field by turning on the toggle.
What your customer sees
Your customer will see an asterisk (*) against the required fields. These will need to be filled out before adding an item to the cart.