Setting fundraising options gives your customers the opportunity to donate directly to the store's chosen charities or causes.
The value of discounts to your customer is obvious - everyone loves a bargain! But your customers also love the option of donating to good causes. According to Cone Cause Evolution Study:
- 85% of consumers have a more positive image of a product or company when it supports a charity they care about.
- 83% of Americans wish more of the products and services they use would support charities.
- 80% of Americans are likely to switch brands (equal in quality and price) to one that supports a charity.
Examples of fundraising are:
- Donation to a charity or cause
- Teams that want to generate money (end-of-year awards, tournament participation, travel arrangements, etc.)
How do I add fundraising to my MicroStore?
Go to dashboard > Sales Channels > MicroStores and select your MicroStore. Scroll along the top of your MicroStore details until you find Fundraising.
Next, create a new fundraising:
- Enter a fundraising title. You can add the title in different languages.
- Assign internal information in the next two fields: Internal Name and Accounting ID. This information is not publicly visible.
- You can schedule fundraising to run to and from a certain date and time in the future.
- Decide whether you want to donate a fixed amount or percentage of each sale of the products you assign in the next step.
- You can choose whether fundraising fee is set on a cart or cart item level.
⚠️ The most common use case is to set fundraising fee on a cart item level. Fundraising is seldom (if ever) set on a cart level.
- Decide whether to make the fundraising visible to the customer.
By default, fundraising is NOT visible to your customers.
If you want fundraising to be visible to your customers, make sure to turn on the toggle.
Example of visible fundraising in the cart page:
- Choose all products to include or exclude in the assigned products section.
Is fundraising included in pricing across all pages?
Yes, by default, fundraising will be included in pricing across ALL the pages of your storefront or team stores (i.e. home page, product card, product page, cart page and checkout page).
You can optionally decide to make fundraising ONLY to be included in pricing on the cart/checkout pages. To do so, to turn on the toggle in the Upcharges > Fundraising tab. Read more here. IMPORTANT: We do NOT recommend to turn on this toggle, since fundraising is most commonly set on a cart item level, and will result in different pricing being displayed on the product pages vs cart/checkout page.