Brikl offers an exclusive digitization service for your production patterns.
Please follow our guidelines when submitting a digitization request.
2D production pattern
Production patterns must be provided as an Adobe Illustrator (AI) file. A DXF file is optional.
- The file name must include the style number.
- The pattern must include a seam line and cutting line, grain line and notches.
You must provide following product information in English:
- Name of the product
- Name of the pattern
- Sizes of the pattern grading lines
- Materials/textures used
- Left and right sides of sleeves, band and cuffs.
Pattern grading lines are required for all sizes. Each grading line must include:
- `Basic Seam
This is also known as the sewing line, stitching line or seam line
- Cutting line
The cutting line is the very edge of the pattern piece, where the fabric is cut
- Seam allowance
Seam allowance (sometimes called inlays) is the area between the fabric edge and the stitching line on two (or more) pieces of material being sewn together.
- Bleeding line
Bleeding line is the protection line that gives some allowance not to cut in to the artwork/print. It is the outermost line and is beyond the sewing line and the seam allowance. This is optional.
The grading lines must be separated into different layers in Illustrator.
For example, S in one layer, M in one layer.
Also, make sure to:
- Indicate the pattern center front and pattern center back.
- Identify where the center of the collar should be.
If you want to exclude pattern pieces for the 3D rendering, please clearly identify as such.
Provide detailed product images of the:
- Right side
- Left side
- Inside the garment
Pictures must clearly show for example the placket, linings, facing, and hems.
In case textures/fabrics are required, please provide following:
- A clear scan of the texture. We recommend minimum 600 dpi (preferably 1200 dpi) with a flatbed scanner. Avoid wrinkles and shadowing. No mobile pictures.
- A zoom in of the product image for the texture scale as it should appear on the garment
Trims and accessories
Trims and accessories can include for example.
- Bow ties
Please provide a clear list of what's required for your garment.
- If the accessories have a specific construction or texture, please include the information.
- If he accessories include a brand name (eg on a gripper or zipper pulley), please provide the information in a vector file.
If required, please provide the accessory measurements. For example, 3/4 zippers:
If a model has a hidden zipper:
- Provide measurements of the zipper.
- Clearly indicate which products have a hidden zipper.