A variant is a particular variation of a product (e.g., size, color) and has specific variant options (e.g., small, medium; blue, red).
What are the benefits of adding variants to your products?
Your customers love having the benefit of choice. But they also like buying products that are relevant and useable! This is where product variants come in.
Having product variants on page:
- Increase the likelihood of customers clicking through to your site and are an essential contributor to conversion.
- Provide an enhanced user experience by ensuring a customized purchase.
How to add variants
Add product variants to your products in Brikl by going to your dashboard > Catalog > Variants.
Enter an Internal ID for your variant:
- Internal IDs are used within your organization to identify your variant, does not have to be unique, is an optional field, and is not visible to your customers.
Enter a Sort Order for your variant:
- If you have multiple variants (eg color and size), the sort order will determine which variant will appear on top of your product page.
Enter a variant type:
- A variant type is used for internal reporting.
Enter a variant name:
- The variant name will appear on your product page e.g., size.
- You can enter a variant title in multiple languages.
Create variant options.
- Click "Add Variant Option" to enter values for your options e.g., small or medium.
- Value is your internal reference for a variant. This is not displayed to the customer.
- Price change allows you to add an upcharge for a particular variant
A price change will be added to all pricing you set up elsewhere in the dashboard:
- The variant option title can be added in different language. This will appear on your product page.
Sort variant options
- You can sort variant options by using dragging and dropping