Add product Information
Enter an Accounting ID for your product:
- Accounting IDs are references to product IDs you use in your internal Accounting, inventory or ERP system
- The Accounting ID that you enter does not have to be unique
- The Accounting ID is an optional field.
- The Accounting ID is not visible for your customer
- Note: In case your product has multiple variants (eg color/size), the Accounting ID can also be defined on Variant level (i.e. SKU code)
Enter an Internal ID for your product:
- Internal IDs are used within your organization to identify your product
- The internal ID can for instance be a Style Number
- The Internal ID does not have to be unique
- The Internal ID is a mandatory field
- The Internal ID is not visible for your customer
Enter a Title for your product:
- A Title is the product name
- The product title will appear in your storefront and will be visible for your customer
- You can enter a product title in multiple languages.
Enter a Product Description:
- The product description will appear in your storefront and will be visible for your customer
- You can enter a product description in multiple languages.
Enter a Slug:
- A slug is the part of a URL which identifies a particular page on a website in an easy to read form. In other words, it's the part of the URL that explains the page's content. In the example ‘briklshop.com/bikes’, ‘bikes’ is your slug.
- BrikL automatically generates a slug for each new product based on the information you enter. For example, if you enter “Short Sleeve T-Shirt”, its slug will become “short-sleeve-t-shirt”.
- A slug must be unique. Important: if the slug is not unique (i.e. it has already been used elsewhere) the product page will not be visible (product/collection/package/team store).
- In order for a product to appear in your storefront, it first needs to be enabled. Products that are not enabled will not be visible.
Activate “Has Personalization?”
- You can enable Personalization for team store products so that your customer can add a name or number to a product
- The personalization options can be defined in your team store settings.
Activate “Is Custom Product”
- Products that you select from the BRIKL Library or products that have been uniquely digitized for you by BRIKL will have the “Is Custom Product?” enabled by default
- Custom products can be opened up in the Studio Editor
- You can copy/duplicate a product and select whether you also want to copy its attributes and/or variants.
- Important: When copying a product, the images will not be copied over
- Prior to deployment, you can check the preview of a product page to make sure the data in your storefront is correct
Assign a product Variant
A variant is a particular variation of a product (eg size, color) and has specific variant options (eg small, medium).
Important: Before you can add a variant and its variant options to a product, you must first create a variant.
Add product Inventory/Price
You can generate a matrix of variant option combinations. First, enter the default price on a product level. Next, click the “Generate variant options” button.
- The SKU code is generated automatically in ascending order from 0 for each combination of variant options. You can also overwrite the SKU code. SKU codes might be required if you want to link with your internal Accounting, Inventory or ERP system.
- The price for a variant option is the default product price. You can also overwrite the prices for a variant option. For example, if you carry a size range from 3XS to 5XL, you might want to have different pricing for smaller or larger sizes.
- The inventory for a variant option is set at 100 by default. You can overwrite the inventory level for a variant option.
- Inventory levels are updated automatically each time an order is placed
- Inventory levels are defined in units
- Important: in case of custom products or if the product has been assigned to a team store, the assumption is that the product is made-to-order and therefore can never be out-of-stock. The inventory level will not be applicable.
- A variant option can be temporarily be disabled by clicking on the “Enabled” box.
- If you want a product to be available for sale at some time in the future, you can set the Start sales from date at the top of the page. This will disable the “Add to cart” button. This feature can also be used if you want to create a Gallery (i.e. products that are for display only, not for sale).
Add product Media
Media are the product thumbnails.
- You can drag-and-drop one or multiple images (or upload from your computer) for a product.
- You can set the sort order, ie the order in which the images will appear on your product page.
- You can set one of the images to be the thumbnail on the listing page. If you want multiple images to be listed on the listing page, you can select "Shown in collection" instead.
Assign a Collection
A collection is a group of products.
- You can assign one or more collections to a product to make it easier for customers to find your products. Before you can assign a collection, you must first create a collection.
- You can assign one or multiple collections to a product.
Assign a Sales Channel
A sales channel can either be your webshop (mybrikl) or a team store. A Sales Channel can also be an integration with a 3rd party ecommerce platform/website like Shopify or Magento.
- You can assign one or more sales channels to a product. Before you assign a product to a team store, you must first create a team store.
- Important: A product must always be assigned to at least one sales channel.
Assign an Attribute
- Attributes are product characteristics that you can associate with your product. Attributes are not linked to price/inventory. windproof, light weight, summer.
- You can assign one or multiple attributes to a product. Before you assign an attribute, you must first create an attribute.
- Learn more about the Studio Editor here.