Products are the goods that you sell in your store. In BrikL software, we consider two types of products: Ready-made Products and Custom Products.
Ready-made products refer to those items that you either keep physical stock of or that have a finished design.
- A stock item has a quantity associated with it. Every time a sale is made for that item, its quantity will be deducted.
- A finished design item is the final design of an item, that may or may not carry stock.
- Shoppers can add a name, number or embellishment to a stock item or a finished design. This is called product personalization.
Custom products are created from templates using different colors, materials, prints, images, logos, text and other embellishments. Custom products are always on a made-to-order basis and do not carry stock.
You can add products to your storefront.
- Your storefront can be your webshop or your group/team stores.
- The webshop is the online storefront where you sell products to the general public
- A group/team store acts as a ‘sub-webshop’ and allows you to sell unique products/designs to a group of people. Group stores are also known as club shops, team stores, brand stores, express stores, pop-up stores and corporate stores.
Add product Information
Enter an Accounting ID for your product:
- Accounting IDs are references to product IDs you may use in your internal Accounting, inventory or ERP system
- The Accounting ID that you enter does not have to be unique
- The Accounting ID is an optional field.
- The Accounting ID is not visible for your customer
- Note: In case your product has multiple variants (eg color/size), the Accounting ID can also be defined on Variant level (i.e. SKU code)
Enter an Internal ID for your product:
- Internal IDs are used within your organization to identify your product
- The internal ID can for instance be a Style Number
- The Internal ID does not have to be unique
- The Internal ID is a mandatory field
- The Internal ID is not visible for your customer
Enter a Title for your product:
- A Title is the product name
- The product title will appear in your storefront
- You can enter a product title in multiple languages.
Enter a Product Description:
- The product description will appear in your storefront
- You can enter a product description in multiple languages.
Enter a Slug:
- A slug is the part of a URL which identifies a particular page on a website in an easy to read form. In other words, it's the part of the URL that explains the page's content. In the example ‘briklshop.com/bikes’, ‘bikes’ is your slug.
- BrikL automatically generates a slug for each new product based on the information you enter. For example, if you enter “Short Sleeve T-Shirt”, its slug will become “short-sleeve-t-shirt”.
- A slug must be unique. Important: if the slug is not unique (i.e. it has already been used elsewhere) the product page will not be visible (product/collection/package/groupstore).
- In order for a product to appear in your storefront, it first needs to be enabled. Products that are not enabled will not be visible.
Activate “Has Personalization?”
- You can enable Personalization for group/team store products so that your customer can add a name or number to a product
- The personalization options can be defined in your group store settings.
Activate “Is Custom Product”
- Products that you select from the BRIKL Library or products that have been uniquely digitized for you by BRIKL will have the “Is Custom Product?” enabled by default
Custom products will have a number of tabs associated with it: Elements, Assets, Design Templates and Color Zone Maker.
- You can copy/duplicate a product and select whether you want to copy attributes and/or variants.
- Important: 1) When copying a product, the images will not be copied over, 2) When copying a product, the custom files will not be copied over.
- Prior to deployment, you can check the preview of a product page to make sure the data in your storefront is correct
- For Custom products, you can preview the product in the 3D Configurator
Assign a product Variant
A variant is a particular variation of a product (eg size, color) and has specific variant options (eg small, medium).
- Important: Before you can add a variant and its variant options to a product, you must first create a variant.
Add product Inventory/Price
You can generate a matrix of variant option combinations. First, enter the default price on a product level. Next, click the “Generate variant options” button.
- The SKU code is generated automatically in ascending order from 0 for each combination of variant options. You can also overwrite the SKU code. SKU codes might be required if you want to link with your internal Accounting, Inventory or ERP system.
- The price for a variant option is the default product price. You can also overwrite the prices for a variant option. For example, if you carry a size range from 3XS to 5XL, you might want to have different pricing for smaller or larger sizes.
- The inventory for a variant option is set at 100 by default. You can overwrite the inventory level for a variant option.
- Inventory levels are updated automatically each time an order is placed
- Inventory levels are defined in units
- Important: in case of custom products or if the product has been assigned to a team store, the assumption is that the product is made-to-order and therefore can never be out-of-stock even when a inventory level is provided.
- A variant option can be temporarily be disabled by checking the “Enabled” box.
- If you want a product to be available for sale at some time in the future, you can set the Start sales from date. This will disable the “Add to cart” button. This feature can also be used if you want to create a Gallery (i.e. products that are for display only, not for sale).
Add product Media
Media are the product thumbnails.
- You can drag-and-drop one or multiple images (or upload from your computer) to a product.
- You can set the sort order, ie the order in which the images will appear on your product page.
- You can set one of the images to be the thumbnail on the listing page.
- In case you want multiple images to appear as a thumbnail on the listing page, you can assign them to a variant.
Assign a Collection
A collection is a group of products.
- You can assign one or more more collections to a product to make it easier for customers to find your products. Before you can assign a collection, you must first create a collection.
- You can assign one or multiple collections to a product.
Assign a Sales Channel
A sales channel can either be your webshop (mybrikl) or a group/team store.
- You can assign one or more sales channels to a product. Before you assign a product to a group/team store, you must first create a group/team store.
- Important: A product must be assigned to at least one sales channel.
Assign an Attribute
- Attributes are keywords that you can associate with your product. Attributes are not linked to price/inventory, but are general characteristics like windproof, light weight, summer.
- You can assign one or multiple attributes to a product. Before you assign an attribute, you must first create an attribute.
Elements correspond to (groups of) pattern pieces.
- The Element tab applies to custom products only.
- You can update the element name as it must appear in the Design Studio (3D Configurator).
- You can assign a material to an element. Before assigning a material, you must first create the material. A material is associated with colors.
Assets are the files that are required for a product to be customizable/visible in the Design Studio. The Assets tab applies to custom products only.
- 3D model: This is where the OBJ files are uploaded (this is BRIKL only)
- Material: This is where textures for the 3D model are uploaded (this is BRIKL only)
- Seam: This is where the stitching layer is uploaded (this is BRIKL only)
- Base template: This is where the 2D base pattern is uploaded (this is BRIKL only)
- Default template: This is where the base (non-customizable) 3D design for personalization is uploaded (this is BRIKL only)
- Blank template preview: This is where the blank template for the Design Studio (3D Configurator) is uploaded
Add Design Templates
Design templates are the base designs for your 3D model that users can easily customize by changing a color zone.
- The Design Template tab applies to custom products only.
- To learn how to create and add Design Templates, see this video.
Color Zone Maker
- The Color Zone Maker tab applies to custom products only.